The Home: Multidisciplinary Reflections
HRF has much pleasure in informing you that our book ‘The Home’ edited by our Director Antonio Argandoña has been published.
Bryan Sanderson, Home Renaissance Foundation
Carlos Cavallé, Social Trends Institute
1. The home: Multidisciplinary reflections
PART I Philosophy
2. What is a home? On the intrinsic nature of a home
Alfredo Marcos and Marta Bertolaso
3. Self and others: Home as a cradle of a non-violent relationship
Maria do Céu Patrão Neves
Part II Health Sciences
4. The impact of the home environment on children’s health and cognitive and social development
Sir Harry Burns
PART III Sociology
5. Reproducing homes: Intergenerational transmission of marriage and relationship legacy
PART IV Economics
6. The family and economic theorizing
7. Pension provision, lifetime financial sustainability, care and dignity in old age: Legal and economic issues
E. Philip Davis and Rosa M. Lastra
PART V Geography
8. Spatial relationality and domesticity: Reality and functions of the home from a human geography perspective
Experts associated with the publication: A. Argandoña, M. Bertolaso, H. Burns, A. d’Entremont, M. do Céu Patrão Neves, E.P. Davis, R.M. Lastra, A. Marcos, M. Regnerus, S. Zamagni
- Where and how to get it?
We are bringing out this interesting publication about the home in conjunction with the prestigious Edward Elgar Publishing who offer a print edition and an e-book through Google Play.
1) The book information page is here
2) The official online ebook version will be here
Please find here a PDF promotional flyer announcing this book, which you are welcome to distribute to friends and colleagues, or post on personal webpages. The Edward Elgar Publishing Marketing Department will be very happy to set up special offers for any groups or associations you belong to, to help further promote the book – do let us know if this is something we can help with.
We would encourage you to mention the book on any blogs or other social media channels you use.